A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Coinbase Global.
Looking at options history for Coinbase Global (NASDAQ:COIN) we detected 89 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 38% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 61% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 76 are puts, for a total amount of $15,024,612 and 13, calls, for a total amount of $517,521.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $20.0 to $520.0 for Coinbase Global over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Coinbase Global's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Coinbase Global's whale activity within a strike price range from $20.0 to $520.0 in the last 30 days.
Coinbase Global Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Coinbase Global Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 11,932,431, the price of COIN is up 3.87% at $45.07.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 92 days.
What The Experts Say On Coinbase Global:
- B of A Securities downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $50
- Goldman Sachs has decided to maintain their Sell rating on Coinbase Global, which currently sits at a price target of $41.
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Coinbase Global, which currently sits at a price target of $80.
- Needham has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Coinbase Global, which currently sits at a price target of $73.
- JP Morgan has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on Coinbase Global, which currently sits at a price target of $66.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Coinbase Global, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.