Although US stocks closed higher on Wednesday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: HireRight Holdings Corporation (NYSE:HRT) 10% owner GENERAL ATLANTIC GENPAR (BERMUDA), L.P., acquired a total of 520,108 shares an average price of $10.62. To acquire these shares, it cost around $5.53 million.
- What’s Happening: Barclays recently maintained HireRight with an Equal-Weight and raised the price target from $9 to $10.
- What HireRight Holdings Does: HireRight, incorporated in 1990 provides technology-driven workforce risk management and compliance solutions worldwide.
Enterprise Products Partners
- The Trade: Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE:EPD) Director John R Rutherford acquired a total of 10,000 shares at an average price of $24.88. To acquire these shares, it cost around $248.82 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted in-line quarterly earnings.
- What Enterprise Products Partners Does: Enterprise Products Partners, headquartered in Houston, Texas, provides midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, petrochemicals, and refined products.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: Coinbase Global, Inc. (NASDAQ:COIN) Director Tobias Lutke bought a total of 8,974 shares at an average price of $42.35. To acquire these shares, it cost around $380.05 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Barclays recently maintained Coinbase Global with an Equal-Weight and lowered the price target from $55 to $44..
- What Coinbase Global Does: Founded in 2012, Coinbase is the leading cryptocurrency exchange platform in the United States.
Super Micro Computer
- The Trade: Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMCI) Director Leung Shiu Chan bought a total 1,525 shares at an average price of $83.50. The insider spent around $127.34 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Super Micro Computer recently reported better-than-expected Q3 EPS and sales results.
- What Super Micro Computer Does: Super Micro Computer Inc provides high-performance server technology services to cloud computing, data center, Big Data, high-performance computing, and "Internet of Things" embedded markets.