A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Cisco Systems.
Looking at options history for Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO) we detected 13 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 15% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 84% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 8 are puts, for a total amount of $745,675 and 5, calls, for a total amount of $685,408.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $40.0 to $55.0 for Cisco Systems over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Cisco Systems's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Cisco Systems's whale activity within a strike price range from $40.0 to $55.0 in the last 30 days.
Cisco Systems Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Cisco Systems Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 4,929,144, the price of CSCO is down -1.07% at $48.38.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 84 days.
What The Experts Say On Cisco Systems:
- Oppenheimer downgraded its action to Outperform with a price target of $58
- Piper Sandler has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on Cisco Systems, which currently sits at a price target of $51.
- Barclays has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Cisco Systems, which currently sits at a price target of $51.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Cisco Systems, which currently sits at a price target of $64.
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Hold rating on Cisco Systems, which currently sits at a price target of $54.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Cisco Systems, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.