A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on AT&T.
Looking at options history for AT&T (NYSE:T) we detected 10 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 40% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 60% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 4 are puts, for a total amount of $219,763 and 6, calls, for a total amount of $262,746.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $10.0 to $17.0 for AT&T over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for AT&T's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of AT&T's whale activity within a strike price range from $10.0 to $17.0 in the last 30 days.
AT&T Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is AT&T Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 101,230,425, the price of T is down -4.98% at $15.15.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 56 days.
What The Experts Say On AT&T:
- Tigress Financial downgraded its action to Buy with a price target of $28
- Barclays has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on AT&T, which currently sits at a price target of $18.
- RBC Capital downgraded its action to Sector Perform with a price target of $19
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for AT&T, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.