Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bullish stance on Target (NYSE:TGT).
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don't know. But when something this big happens with TGT, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga's options scanner spotted 11 uncommon options trades for Target.
This isn't normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 63% bullish and 36%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 8 are puts, for a total amount of $565,140, and 3 are calls, for a total amount of $367,289.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $120.0 to $135.0 for Target over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Target's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Target's whale activity within a strike price range from $120.0 to $135.0 in the last 30 days.
Target Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Target Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 1,393,935, the price of TGT is down -0.68% at $122.85.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock is currently neutral between overbought and oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 65 days.
What The Experts Say On Target:
- Evercore ISI Group has decided to maintain their In-Line rating on Target, which currently sits at a price target of $142.
- RBC Capital downgraded its action to Outperform with a price target of $161
- Goldman Sachs has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Target, which currently sits at a price target of $168.
- Roth MKM downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $156
- Stifel has decided to maintain their Hold rating on Target, which currently sits at a price target of $160.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Target, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.