SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549-1004
PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d)
OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): June 14, 2021
GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
(State or other jurisdiction
|300 Renaissance Center, Detroit, Michigan||48265-3000|
|(Address of principal executive offices)||(Zip Code)|
Registrant’s telephone number, including area code
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)
Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)
Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))
Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))
Securities registered pursuant to Section 12(b) of the Act:
Title of each class
Name of each exchange
on which registered
|Common Stock, $0.01 par value||GM||New York Stock Exchange|
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (§230.405 of this chapter) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§240.12b-2 of this chapter).
Emerging growth company ☐
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. ☐
Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders.
General Motors Company (“GM”) held its 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders on June 14, 2021.
GM shareholders voted on the matters set forth below, with final voting results indicated. For the election of Directors, each nominee who received a majority of votes cast (i.e., votes for exceeded votes against, with abstentions having no effect) was elected as a Director. All other items were approved if the number of shares voted for exceeded the number of shares voted against, with abstentions counted as votes against. The proposals are further described in the Company’s definitive proxy statement on Schedule 14A filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on April 30, 2021.
(1) Election of Directors. GM’s shareholders elected the Board’s nominees for one-year terms:
|Director||Votes For||%||Votes Against||Abstentions||Broker Non-Votes|
Mary T. Barra
Wesley G. Bush
Linda R. Gooden
Jane L. Mendillo
Judith A. Miscik
Patricia F. Russo
Thomas M. Schoewe
Carol M. Stephenson
Mark A. Tatum
Devin N. Wenig
Margaret C. Whitman
(2) Board Proposal to Approve, on an Advisory Basis, Named Executive Officer Compensation. GM’s shareholders approved, by advisory vote, the compensation of GM’s named executive officers.
(3) Board Proposal to Ratify the Selection of Ernst & Young LLP as the Company’s Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm for 2021. GM’s shareholders ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as GM’s independent registered public accounting firm for 2021.
(4) Shareholder Proposal Regarding Shareholder Written Consent. GM’s shareholders did not approve the shareholder proposal regarding shareholder written consent.
(5) A Shareholder Proposal Regarding A Report on Greenhouse Gas Emissions Targets as a Performance Element of Executive Compensation. GM’s shareholders did not approve the shareholder proposal regarding a report on greenhouse gas emissions targets as a performance element of executive compensation.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
|GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY|
/s/ Ann Cathcart Chaplin
|Ann Cathcart Chaplin|
|Corporate Secretary & Deputy General Counsel|
Date: June 16, 2021